WHAT IS A PDU?
A "Professional Development Unit" or PDU is a PMI measuring unit to quantify approved learning and professional service activities. A PDU is earned based on continued development of project management skills and volunteer work benefiting the project management community such as within the local PMI chapter. These units, earned over a 3 year period after earning your certification credential (i.e. PMP) go towards being able to renew your certification for another 3 year period.
**Please note 1 PDU = 1 hour of learning
PMI allows 0.25 increments to be entered into the system, i.e. 15 mins = 0.25 hours, 30 mins = 0.50 hours
Claiming Past Events
- Go to the Continuing Certification Requirements System https://ccrs.pmi.org/
- Log in (top right hand corner)
- Go to "Report Professional Development Units" (left navigation bar)
- Input Category (choose category A)
- Input Activity Type (choose find an activity)
- Activity Number (type number provided by CWCC eg. PG-01-2011) OR if you do not have that number, you can search the system for all chapter activities by entering "C047" beside Provider Number.
- Click Search
- Locate the activity and click on Activity # hyperlink (blue) located on the left hand side
- Complete the form - enter number of PDUs in multiples of quarter hours - 0.25 increments
- Please be advised that as of March 1, 2011, there have been some changes to the activity categories and the number of PDUs associated with each category per cycle. What was Category 3 is now Category A. For full details please log onto: http://www.pmi.org/GLOBALS/PDU-Updated-Category-Structure-Implementation.aspx