The website is the primary source of information for the chapter members, however, certain time-sensitive information is pushed through eBlast. eBlasts are known to have a significant impact on ticket sales for Events and on recruitment for training classes. The Chapter uses a bulk-mailing service to reach its members in the form of an attractively-formatted email.
Every week a team member is the designated editor and publisher, they are accountable for the update and edition of the week’s eBlast. There is also a designated proof-reader, responsible for a detailed revision of the eBlast contents and formatting before publishing.
- An eye for the details and patience to look for them.
- Work with fellow eBlast team members, share ideas, develop and document processes to improve the effectiveness of eBlasts.
- Learn how to use the tools so that you are knowledgeable enough to take your turn in leading the publication process.
- Coordinate your personal schedule so that the deadlines are strictly followed.
- Be a self-starter who initiates action and works with fellow volunteers to improve the portfolio's (and the Chapter's) operational efficiencies.
- Good sense of humor and team spirit.
What you will do
- With minimal supervision, take responsibility for proof-reading or publishing eBlasts according to established deadlines.
- Communicate with your team members, director, VP and other Board Members as necessary if deadlines are at risk due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Form and maintain relationships with other volunteers, particularly in the Marketing portfolio.
- Participate in team conferences (virtual or presential).
- Use your knowledge and skills to facilitate Chapter-related communication.
Must-Haves and Nice-to-Haves
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English, especially spelling and punctuation.
- Absolutely team and collaboration-driven.
- Focus and attention to detail are very important for this position.
- Appetite for innovation and new ideas is very welcome
- Working knowledge of design is a great advantage.
- Working knowledge of HTML is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Mailchimp, Joomla or similar tools is an advantage.
All privileges and benefits applicable to Chapter Volunteers
For PMPs the ability to earn PDUs for time spent on performing volunteer work.
An average of 6-8 hours per month
Must be a Member in good standing in the CWCC PMI Chapter
How to apply: Please submit your interest and your resume to VP, Programs at Programs@pmi.bc.ca.