2019 PMI CWCC AGM and BOARD ELECTION
This is to notify Members of PMI Canadian West Coast Chapter that Fiscal Year 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. The AGM will take place immediately following the February Monthly Dinner Event on February 20, 2019. Members do not have to attend the Monthly Dinner Event to attend the AGM. All Members in good standing as of February 20, 2019 are invited to attend the AGM at the Four Seasons Hotel at 7:30pm. Application Deadline has been extended to Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
CORRECTION: We posted on our website the position of Vice President at Large Region 1 Conference along with 5 other Board positions. However, CWCC has embarked upon a bylaw review process with the assistance of outside legal counsel. Because we are in a transition period, adapting to the new BC Societies Act, and considering amendments to our bylaws, we have concluded the better course of action is to recruit a Project Manager for the Region 1 Conference. Once our amended bylaws are in place, then we can adjust the position as appropriate.
The following five positions are up for election to members of PMI CWCC in good standing, and a nomination submission process can be found below:
Vice President Marketing
- Manages the Chapter’s marketing and communications strategy
- Oversees the content management across multiple channels such as the website, eblast and social media
- Runs promotions and Offers to help with the program events and conference
- Implementation of the marketing programs in partnership with other portfolios
- Marketing collaterals, Business cards, Badges, Gifts and Swag materials
Vice President Operations
- Responsible for shared operating services for the Chapter
- Managing email and account systems
- Performing maintenance on technology systems
- Providing support to other portfolios as needed
- Managing official board records
- Assisting with governance matters
- Maintaining the organization's Service Catalogue
- Serving as a point of contact for shared services
Vice President Volunteers
- Selecting Featured Volunteer with the recommendation of Board Members
- Maintaining Volunteer List with info from VPs
- Checking Volunteer web pages are current advising Marketing
- Receives and passes along Volunteer Job Applications to VPs
- Volunteer onboarding and off boarding
- Volunteer policies and procedures
- Organizes yearly Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Oversee Directors for the PMAP (Project Management Apprenticeship Program and PMIef (PMI Education Foundation Program)
Vice President Outreach
- Proactively seek sponsorship and advertising opportunities for CWCC by building partnerships with organizations interested in project, program and portfolio management or who offer professional project management services
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and control CWCC’s sponsorship and advertising programs and policies
- Monitor, report, and make recommendations to the Board to maximize sponsorship and advertising revenue
- Work independently or collaboratively with other CWCC Portfolios to deliver sponsorship and advertising features and ensure timely billing and payments
- Create and manage sponsor, advertiser, and vendor contracts
- Recruit, train and manage a team of Outreach Directors each responsible to solicit sponsorships within a particular industry
PM-Volunteers Board Representative
- Act as the primary interface between CWCC and PMV
- Represent CWCC interests and strategies to PMV leaders so that PMV can be an effective support organization
- Inform CWCC Board of ongoing PMV activities and successes
- Open to CWCC PMI members who are also members of PM-Volunteers
REVISED POSITION (no longer an elected board position)
Interested candidates, please submit an application for Project Manager Region 1 Conference 2020
- The Project Manager at Large for Region 1 Conference will be the Project Manager in charge of organizing the CWCC PMI Region 1 Conference which consists of hosting 16 Chapters in Vancouver in April or May 2020.
- The Project Manager will have the opportunity to travel to Salt Lake City, Utah on April 12-14 2019 to attend the PMI Region 1 Conference 2019 to understand the special format of this special event. Advisors from previous Region 1 Conferences will be available.
- Leadership skills, experience in planning and coordinating special events, a proven ability to communicate at all levels.
- Preference will be given to those with prior event management experience, and ability to lead a team of volunteers.
If you are interested in a position, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 6, 2019 (Extended).
2) 300-word Biography
3) 150-word Statement on what position you would like to run for and why
4) Photograph, to be distributed upon nomination
5) Link to your blog/twitter/website (optional)