PMI Canadian West Coast Chapter Elections
February 19, 2020
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
This is to notify Members of PMI Canadian West Coast Chapter that the next Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Wednesday, February 19, 2020. The AGM will take place immediately following the February Monthly Dinner Event on February 19, 2020. Members do not have to attend the Monthly Dinner Event to attend the AGM. All Members in good standing as of February 19, 2020 are invited to attend the AGM at the Fairmont Pacific Rim (1038 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0B9) at 7:30pm.
Application Deadline for application to the CWCC PMI Board of Directors is Friday, January 24, 2020 (revised).
During the Annual General Meeting on February 19, 2020, members of the Canadian West Coast Chapter (PMI CWCC) will elect members to serve on the Board of Directors of PMI CWCC for a term spanning 2 years, 2020–2022.
A Nominating Committee will consider the following eligibility factors for positions of Directors of the Board of PMI CWCC:
- All PMI CWCC chapter members in good standing for the last two consecutive years are eligible to apply to become a Director of the Board of the Canadian West Coast Chapter.
- Previous experience as a Board member of a non-profit organization is considered an asset.
- Previous or existing volunteer experience with the chapter is considered an asset.
- As a PMI CWCC member and potential Board candidate, all individuals considering a Board position must abide by the Project Management Institute’s Code of Ethics and Professional conduct.
- All Directors of the Board will be asked to commit to attend approximately ten board meetings annually, one annual planning meeting, one annual conference and multiple committee meetings during their term.
Applications are open
for the following positions:
- Organize the board to carry out its duties and responsibilities.
- Chair meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Act as a liaison between the chapter and PMI Global.
- Ensure that all chapter business is being done legally and ethically.
- With the board, ensure prudent disbursement of chapter funds.
- Seek volunteers for committees and coordinate individual board member assignments.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.
- Assure safekeeping of all governing documents (approved bylaws, articles of incorporation, charter agreement, board policies, committee charters, and all other non-financial records for the chapter).
- Coordinate and distribute meeting agendas, keep the records of all business meetings of the chapter and meetings of the board.
- Maintain all meeting minutes — must document in accordance with parliamentary procedures as determined by the board.
- Notice of all annual meetings shall be sent to all members at least 30 - 45 days in advance of the meeting. Action at such meetings shall be limited to those agenda items contained in the notice of the meeting Provide records to members and outside organizations that request information.
- Responsible for organizing and delivering member facing services such as new member orientation, networking events and other industry specific socials.
- Providing insights into the needs of different member segments.
- Coaching and motivating a group of volunteers to deliver member facing services.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate practices around security and privacy of member information are adopted and followed by volunteers in the membership portfolio.
- Responsible for gathering feedback from members and circulating it to the board of directors.
- Proactively seek sponsorship and advertising opportunities for CWCC by building partnerships with organizations interested in project, program and portfolio management or who offer professional project management services.
- Develop, plan, execute, monitor and control CWCC’s sponsorship and advertising programs and policies.
- Monitor, report, and make recommendations to the Board to maximize sponsorship and advertising revenue.
- Work independently or collaboratively with other CWCC Portfolios to deliver sponsorship and advertising features and ensure timely billing and payments.
- Create and manage sponsor, advertiser, and vendor contracts.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of Outreach Directors each responsible to solicit sponsorships within an assigned industry.
- Manage all aspects of the delivery of PMI educational courses offered by the chapter.
- Mentor and coach a team of volunteers for supporting the education portfolio.
- Keep up to date on the latest PMI course offerings as well as new tools provided by PMI global to its registered education providers.
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for the educational courses offered by the chapter.
- Responsible for evaluating and screening course instructors and training material.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with industry experts and PMI instructors for delivering high quality educational offerings.
- Gather and evaluate student feedback to continuously improve the quality of the chapter’s education courses.
- Responsible for coming up with a strategy and roadmap for the dinner programs offered by the chapter.
- Coach and mentor a team of volunteers responsible for successful delivery of the dinner events and other programs offered by the chapter.
- Responsible for finalizing location, catering and registration for the chapter’s dinner events and programs.
- Evaluate and select appropriate speakers and presenters for the chapter’s dinner events and programs.
- Collaborating with other portfolios of the chapter to deliver member facing events and programs.
- Responsible for Professional development and chapter events in accordance with Chapter policies and bylaws.
- Responsible for establishing and managing Chapter Professional development programs, live and online.
- Responsible for managing the Chapter Annual Conference.
- Define strategies for improvement in Professional development/training programs.
- Provide information to members and non-members on career development.
- Promote the project management profession through the planning and coordination of special events, as identified by the chapter board, designed to enhance and expand the skills and knowledge of project managers.
- Responsible for maintaining and presenting all financial records required for chapter’s operations, in accordance with chapter’s bylaws.
- Maintain and manage accounts receivable and payable and all financial portfolios, including but not limited to the collection of chapter dues from PMI, guest payments for chapter meetings or special events and the payment of all chapter bills in accordance with chapter committee directives.
- Establish and maintain all required chapter bank accounts and/or similar financial transactions; arrange for Board Directors’ signatures as required.
- Report on the state of finances at board meetings and chapter meetings.
- Maintain the chapter’s annual budget.
- Contribute to financial planning/goal setting, investing, forecasting and budgeting for the chapter.
- If you have any questions about the process outlined above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in running for a Board of Director position, please send the following documents to email@example.com by Friday, January 24, 2020.
- 300-word Biography
- 150-word Statement on why you would like to serve on the Board of PMI CWCC
- Photograph, to be distributed upon nomination
- Link to your LinkedIn/Twitter/website (optional)
All candidates will receive a response.