On our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), regularly promote chapter events, announce education opportunities, update chapter news, share project management articles and more. As a Social media manager, you will engage in sharing content on Social media channels.
- An eye for the details and patience to look for them.
- Work with fellow team members, share ideas, develop and document processes to improve the effectiveness of Social Media.
- Be a self-starter who initiates action and works with fellow volunteers to improve the portfolio's (and the Chapter's) operational efficiencies.
- Good sense of humor and team spirit.
What you will do
- Increase follows and encourage engagement and sharing
- Analyze data and create plans to increase views and engagement
- Commit a few hours per week to write and schedule posts
- Communicate with your team members, director, VP and other Board Members as necessary if deadlines are at risk due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Form and maintain relationships with other volunteers, particularly in the Marketing portfolio.
Must-Haves and Nice-to-Haves
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English, especially spelling and punctuation.
- Absolutely team and collaboration-driven.
- Focus and attention to detail are very important for this position.
- Appetite for innovation and new ideas is very welcome
- Bonus: Some graphic design skill is a plus!
- All privileges and benefits applicable to Chapter Volunteers
- For PMPs the ability to earn PDUs for time spent on performing volunteer work.
- An average of 6-8 hours per month
- Must be a Member in good standing in the CWCC PMI Chapter