Event Manager, Programs Portfolio
The Event Manager will be responsible for ensuring the event runs exactly as it has been planned throughout the year. Programs is responsible for delivering 10 events during the year from January to November with 1 event each month. Time Commitment: Approximately 5-12 hours per month.
You: In essence, you love event planning and coordination! You are the mastermind behind every detail of a successful event from communicating key details to the team to event day coordination!
Role & Responsibilities overview:
- Arrive on Event Day on site and coordinate with venues on logistic needs for the events and set up the registrations table; Greet and sign in attendees at the registrations table
- Ensure all items are organized for the event (signage, name tags, promotional materials etc.)
- Assist in assigning volunteer roles to the team and ensure they have all the necessary information on all PMI’s core activities to promote to attendees
- Organize photography for the event by capturing key shots of dinner event
- Coordinate and work closely with the Programs team as needed
- Attend quarterly team meetings and any “events only” meetings as required
- Undergraduate degree. Masters and/or MBA a plus.
- PMP Certified, a current member of PMI and CWCC and a PMP in “good standing”.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Passion for event coordination, Strong organizational skills with great attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Thrives under pressure and tight deadlines
Benefit you’ll gain:
- Access to business leaders as a PMI CWCC Volunteer
- Develop your ability to communicate with purpose
- Attend monthly dinner events as a part of the portfolio
How to apply: Please submit your interest and your resume to VP, Programs at Programs@pmi.bc.ca.